|Want a handy dandy button of your own? |
The html code's on the sidebar. Check it out!
Welcome to the 2011 Homeschool Misfit Awards! Have you ever read any of the (mostly wonderful) homeschool blog award categories and thought, "Wow, these are cool but I'd never fit into any of these! Where's the award for the one who tries hard but knows she'll never be a super blogger"? That's where the Misfit Awards come in to play! These are meant to be fun, self deprecating, and humorous. Hopefully knowing we're not alone will encourage us all to keep reaching for our dreams, despite our failures. Misfit Powers, Activate! (Yes, I just showed my age. But if you made a fist and thrust out your arm, so did you!)
This year we have ten categories (This Queen of Misfits is keeping her title) and PRIZES! No, it's not about winning stuff or having a shiny button to place on your sidebar, but presents are always fun and knowing there are sponsors out there who appreciate YOU and your "misfityness" should be EXCITING! So who are our lovely sponsors and what exactly are the shiny prizes? Glad you asked!
TeachwithGames.com is offering a printable game set (10-15 games included) of choice to all 10 winners!
A Journey Through Learning will provide a lapbook of choice to all 10 winners!
Joyce Herzog has offered her book, Learning in Spite of Labels, to 1 winner!
Phyllis Sather is giving her Purposeful Planning set to 1 winner!
Zeezock Publishing will send 1 winner two e-book movie guides of their choice!
Susan Kemmerer, of Schoolhouse Publishing, is offering her book to 1 winner, Homeschool Supermom...Not!
1. The Wannabe Award- This is for the homeschool parent who wants to be this or that (Classical, Structured, Relaxed, Unschooler, Free Spirit, Sane) but frequently falls short and is not afraid to admit it. "Here's where I want to be, here's where I am, and I'm going to keep on striving."
2. The "Squirrel" Award- "Wait, weren't we supposed to be studying Abraham Lincoln? How'd we end up talking about the chemical properties of Styrofoam?" This is the homeschool blogger who begins her posts on one topic and then takes off in several different directions. ADHD anyone?
3. The Harried Homeschooler Award- "Good thing I don't neglect my kids like I do my blog." or "Who are all these kids and why are they wanting my attention when I'm trying to blog?". This is the blogger who has every intention of blogging regularly, but life just gets in the way sometime. Her family expects regular meals. What's up with that?
4. The Perfect Procrastinator Award- "I really should write that thought provoking piece about world hunger/child discipline/spiritual growth/etc. but I'd rather play on Facebook. Here's a cute puppy photo instead." Some bloggers have turned procrastination into an art form. Quit procrastinating and fill out the nomination form!
5. The Blabber Blog Award- "MOM, you put THAT photo/story on your blog?" This one's for the blogger who isn't afraid to "embarrass" her family for the sake of blog fodder.
6. Too Busy Blogging Award- The opposite of The Harried Homeschooler, this blogger posts at least once a day, if not more. It's an addiction. Like coffee, only not as tasty.
7. The Meme Forgotten Award- For those who begin a meme, mentally commit to following through weekly, and then promptly forget or manage it sporadically at best.
8. The Not Coming Soon Award- Ever write a post informing your readers of all the great upcoming posts you have in mind? Did these posts actually get written? This is the award for the blogger hanging their head sheepishly as they read this description.
9. The Snarky Homeschooler Award- (1.) snarky adj \ˈsnär-kē\- sarcastic, impertinent, or irreverent in tone or manner (2.) home·school·er noun \-ˌskü-lər\ - one that homeschools
10. The Misfit Among Misfits Award- Have you read through the Homeschool Blog Awards and not found a category that fits you, only to come to the Misfit awards and realize you still don't belong? You may just be unique, qualifying you as the Misfit among Misfits!
Take a few moments (hours, days, whatever) to decide who you think fits best in each category (feel free to nominate yourself as well!) and then click HERE to fill out the nomination form! Nominations will be open until October 19, 2011.
*DVD only, does not include entire kit.
Fine Print: I am a wife, mom, and blogger. These awards are intended for fun and encouragement only. Prizes are offered as an extra bonus but I do not guarantee anything and will not be held responsible for undelivered prizes (I'll do my best to take care of it if there's a problem but don't bother trying to sue me. I'm a preacher's wife with a houseful of kids, not much you want here.). Downloadable prizes are available for everyone, regardless of location. Items that need to be shipped will be US only. Once winners are determined, I will ask them for their first and second choice, etc. and individual prizes will be determined on a first come, first served basis. This contest is open to all homeschool bloggers, regardless of religious affiliation or the lack thereof. If you'd prefer not to receive a faith based prize, please indicate that to me when contacted as a winner and I will do my best to accommodate you. I reserve the right to make changes, cancel the awards, remove your site if it's completely offensive, or do anything else I need to do at any time 'cause it's my contest. Blah, blah and yada, yada, yada and whatever else should be here to protect my rear end. Hope you enjoy the contest!